Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hopeful tears

At 2am Bolivia time- we just finished listening to our new President´s speech. For maybe the first REAL time in my life, I feel pride in our country. With tears running down my face, knowing the complexities of the situations in the world and in our country, I feel hope for days ahead. Chris and I celebrate, dancing and laughing! And from our livingroom in Bolivia, we toast our Taquiña Stout beers to peace and unity, and the changes we will work together to see come!

2 comments:

::athada:: said...

cheers to you and the US of A. let's git r dun barack.

Vickie said...

Hello My Friends...
I am sorry I have not kept in touch. You have not been far from my heart and I intend to read the previous blogs. I just happened to run across this and was elated (knew you would be) with your rejoicing. Just so you know Emily called me @ midnight my time to exclaim how proud and excited she is too. I spent a bit of time after work having a drink to toast this new hope on the horizon. But alas down in the state of LA - it would appear that most of the people here are looking at things from how it will affect their pocket book and unfortunately there was no one in the same camp as myself. But I am thrilled an honestly have hope for change. I am reminded of the line in Return of the King..."Hope as been rekindled". That is how I feel.

If you have a chance to drop me an email - please do so colvic@live.com. Much more I could say and want to say, but want to via email.
I am making plans to move from N.O. at the end of the month - there are many changes ahead for me and I am quite excited about choosing a life of simplicity and pray that I can do so and remain hospitable.
I love you both - pray that you are gleaning and receiving and giving much to the area in which you currently live. Miss you tons.

My arms around you both.