Monday, September 22, 2008

¿primavera o otoño?

riding on the bus today: breathing the fresh-cool air, taking in the sights of mothers and children with loads of colorful vegetables and packages they carried down the streets, inhaling the smells of flowering trees and frying bread (i´m happy to see- a tradition in so many cultures)...
i found myself, for a moment
conflicted.
¿is it spring or is it fall?
here in bolivia it´s the first day of spring.
simultaneously, at home, my favorite season of all begins.
however, after a moment´s pause, i remembered: there will be so many falls to enjoy, so many pumpkins, and campfires, crunchy leaves and colorful trees. There will be years of hot cider, and cool breezes and bright skies, bringing out the jeans and sweatshirts, taking hikes and bike rides without suffocating from the humidity. Shorter days, but days to celebrate..relief after the long, hot summer. Such a season to celebrate! So, i ask you, my friends...drink up the bliss of this season! Decorate an extra pumpkin, jump in an extra pile of leaves, take an extra walk, and eat or drink something extra cinnamon-pumkiny-nutmegy...in my honor.
Thanks in advance, from the sentimental, wordy, autumn-lover.
you know who

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey C & K,

It's great to keep up with your experiences. I am glad you made it safely and are enjoying it. I will continue checking periodically to see what's new. It sounds great. As the weather cools up here, I plan on getting out to hike and camp at least twice (hopefully talking Sarah into coming along with me). But if not, I can probably coerce Jason Varner to go. We'll be in touch.

peace and all good,
josh